Blog Challenge || Post Three

Post Three: Post Your Favorite Movie You Never Get Tired Of Watching... and why.

So the last part is an addition of my own because its simple to just name a movie but harder to explain why.
As you can see from my last blog entry I've updated my layout and that's in honor of my favorite movie: Moana. I absolutely love this movie. As mentioned above, I could watch it over and over and not get tired. Sometimes, it plays on repeat all day in my house.
When I was on maternity leave with my daughter it had just come onto Netflix and I watched it seven times in a row. I have every song memorized. Every scene engraved in my mind. Its what my daughter listens to when she's cranky and wont sleep (thanks to how many times I watched it when she was only days old, Im sure.)

Now, why do I like it?

Well, I am in love with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I have loved him since I was a little girl watching pro-wresting and then later on when he cemented his acting career.

The soundtrack is probably one of the best ones since Mulan, in my opinion. From How Far I'll Go to Logo Te Pate they are all so well put together and sung so beautifully.

As far as I can tell its almost completely historically accurate, except for the Disney gloss and small details.

For example, in traditional culture Maui is actually depicted as a skinny, teenage boy and not a slightly dim-witted, large man, and lets not forget Maui's companion Goddess, Hina. All in all, from what I've heard people of Polynesian decent weren't too upset about the depiction of their culture (think Pocahontas), though I know there are some people who weren't happy about the movie.
January 22nd, 2019 at 03:27am