A Little Bully

Okay, so here's the deal. There's this little girl that my husband's aunt brings over to her house for my daughter to play with when we're over. The little girl is her other nephew's daighter, about six months older than my own child. Usually, she's very sweet and I used to adore her. However, I began to notice a few things, along with my husband. The little girl is a bully. And I mean full on, hitting, screaming, yanking, snatching, bully.

There have been a few times where I have tried to be nice. Samantha has two block sets where you match the shapes and drop it in the bucket/box. I brought both over one day because my husband's aunt said she was bringing the other little girl. We'll just call her Sally.

Sally was excited and so was Samantha. All of her cousins are older. The youngest is almost a year younger. As we live in different cities, Samantha doesn't really get to play with her other cousins a lot. So, Sally became her new playmate. For a time.

As I said, I brought over the toys one day, trying to be nice. The girls were playing alright for a while, until I noticed my husband walk into the other room and watch them. He looked pained for a moment before walking over to me and kissing my cheek. As he did, he whispered, "Keep an eye on Sissy. That little girl, Sally, just snatched a toy from her."

I nodded an proceeded to check on the girls myself. When I witnessed Sally snatch the blocks from Samantha, I felt so bad for my Peanut. She just looked so confused. All she wanted to do was share, and boy does she! She shares everything. And here is this little girl, taking my baby's toys from her and telling her, "No!".

I walked over to the girls and crouched next to them. Samantha beamed at me, which brought a smile to my face. She then pointed at Sally and her blocks. I reached over, telling Sally, "These are Samantha's. She brought them over so you could both play together. There's two sets." I then separated the wooden set from the plastic set, dividing them evenly between the two. "Why don't you guys take turns playing and share them?"

Samantha was all too happy, and Sally agreed as well. I smiled at them, glad to have fixed the bully situation. But, after only having just left the room, I once again heard Sally tell my daughter, "No!".

Samantha, still not quite understanding, ran into the kitchen with one or two blocks in hand. Sally came after her. At first, we all thought it was a game. Until Sally snatched the blocks from my child -rather roughly- and proceeded to try and hide them from her.

My husband's aunt, who brought Sally over, simply smiled. "Her big brother is mean to her, so she has to play mean." she said by way of explanation. I just looked at her and thought, 'Not with my baby.'

After this continued, and Samantha grew discouraged, I walked into the other room to check on them. Peanut had decided since she couldn't play with her own toys, she'd play with Sally's. But, Sally decided she didn't like that. And once again, she continued to snatch toys from my baby. Finally, after over an hour, I gave up.

"Sally," I said nicely. "You have to share, sweetie. Like Samantha shares with you. If not, I'm going to have to take her blocks and put them away."

To put it simply, that's what happened. I got fed up of my daughter being bullied and having every toy she played with snatched from her. It just really pissed me off. And it pissed me off even more when she smacked my daughter. And then it really set me off when it seemed like I was the only one who tried to stop it. My daughter knows better. She knows, at only two years old, to wait her turn and play nice. I have instilled that in her since she could walk and grab. But to see this other child bully my baby just really set me off. So bad, that I packed both of my kids up, grabbed her toys, and told my husband, "Let's go,". Once we left, I told him that if his aunt ever brought Sally to the house while were there in the future, we'd leave.
February 19th, 2019 at 10:39pm