I Have Been Gone for Three Years

Hello guys, it's been awhile. I've been gone from this site for three years, give or take. I've missed it really. Sometimes story ideas pop into my head and I daydream for a bit but I let them flutter away after that. It's been an interesting last few years to say the least. I think on my last blog post I admitted giving into peer pressure and almost falling into old patterns. I will have you know, that didn't happen.

First big change, I met someone new. I was engaged to a kid named Daniel and he was a great guy, don't get me wrong, but he had one major flaw: drugs. I met another guy at my place of work and we sort of just clicked and one thing led to another and I left Daniel. Which all in all was good for me and I know that. This new guy, his name is Joshua.

Things have moved pretty quickly between Joshua and I. We got married after 8 months, which is quick, but things are still going pretty smoothly and we have now been together for a total of three years (well, not until the 9th of this month, but still). He's given me two step children and they're pretty great. We also have a tiny human of our own and she turned one this past December. She is the light in my life and I don't know what I would do without her at this point.

I've also completed schooling to become a medical assistant and I am certified as of this past December. I've been struggling to find a job because everyone wants experience but it is what it is. For now I work for Walmart and have been for almost three years. It's an interesting job to say the least but not something I want to do for the rest of my life.

I guess not much else has changed in my life. I'm just sad that I lost writing in all of that so I'm going to try and pick it back up. I know I have a few stories in my drafts that I never touched, so I'm going to look over those to see if I can ignite something in me. I may even join a challenge or something. I don't know if anyone is going to read this or even care for that matter, but I wrote it anyways.
March 4th, 2019 at 11:41pm