Stream of Consciousness

I got thoughts. A lot of them. Some of them political so I'll save that for the bottom for the people that HATE it. But I love stirring the pot sooo....

First things first, mibba. I totally understand that this place is like a ghost town and we're all just pumping in last bits of air. Honestly? Would be surprised if this site makes it within 5 years. But, with that, no one comments on shit. Like, the blogs for example. I see so many people rec blogs but rarely ever comment. I'm guilty of this too. You guys know I'm the laziest mibbian(? mibba-er?) EVER. I show up when I want to, I leave when I want. I don't do shit but talk about my life and my boyfriend. But I wanna change that. I'm gonna comment on blogs more. I'm on spring break now with a lot of free time so I may even read and write more. I may not be consistent, but I'll be there! And I feel like you gotta give a little to get a little? Like so many people are like "Yeah I get like no comments anywhere. I'm leaving." But, no shade no tea, when was the last time you left someone a comment? (The you being universal here). Hell, I can't even tell you the last time I opened a chapter on here. I think I'm still subscribed to stories that were abandoned like 4 years ago.

Hell, one of my favorite stories EVER including published is The Sanctuary Beyond the Undergrowth. Like I ADORE that story and I think about it every once in a while and how much it inspired me and made me want to be a better writer. So many bright, amazing, inspiring people have come and gone on this site. Which is probably one of the main reasons I always pop up and stay. There is so much talent here and it kinda kills me that it's all just floating away or has been transferred to like Wattpad or AO3 or somewhere.

ANYWAY, politics? Politics?

So I was watching this VICE video that had a group of black "liberals" and black "conservatives" and they basically were debating for over 30 minutes.

And it kinda just dawned on me that in American society, so many people are taught to be self-serving. It's the whole "bootstrap" mentality that we can all just do shit ourselves and be by ourselves and help ourselves up and blah blah blah.

But like...that's not how the government works and not how it should work. Like, yes, I'm all for individuality. I understand that many black folks turn away from Democratic politics and turn conservative (at least it appears) in order to break away from the "hive mind" mentality that many within the African American diaspora.

But like...when did we lose our compassion? So much shit in our world could be fixed if humans weren't so wired to be self-serving or doing things for their own benefit. A society is only as strong as its most marginalized group of people. And so many people look at those groups and go "Well, its not me" or "It's their problem, not mine!" When like...it totally is.

Its them today, "You" tomorrow.

We allow oppression to break them down and when they're gone the oppressed group then the next one then the next one until only the people are the VERY top are left. Then what? A government should look out and assist the most vulnerable group within a community. That is what community is all about. Look out for those who need it the most cause you won't know when that person who needs it the most could be you.

Like minimum wage was made so people could be able to afford to own a home and a car (I'm serious, look it up).
Like...if everyone just had a little more compassion and realize you can be an individual AND be within a community (among other things) the world would be so much better.

It would also be better if we stopped big corporations from lining the pockets of our elected officials so they can't LITERALLY buy policies that work solely in their favor and we have elected officials who are transparent about their campaign funds and allow themselves to be funded by individuals instead of making campaigns about who has the most money to be seen more and thus get more votes

But I'm just rambling.

See ya in the next blog.
March 22nd, 2019 at 05:05pm