Being a Mum

Hey guys ♥

I've been a mum for nearly eight years and I've learned so much in that time. I've learnt things about myself and things about just being a mum in general.

Things I would tell a first time mum

- ALWAYS carry baby wipes, keep them in the car, in your bag, around the house... they come in handy!

- Just because you've read a bunch of books and done research on parenting, doesn't mean that things are going to be easy. There will be PLENTY of times when you're exhausted and just want to give up, but that doesn't make you a bad parent.

- Be prepared to hear the word mum constantly once they start talking, the first time is amazing... you won't feel that way when you start hearing it 20,000 times a day.

- Sleep? What is that?

- Never doubt that your child loves you unconditionally, no matter if you've had to shout at them or put them in the naughty corner. They will thank you for it eventually.

- Other mums will have opinions on how you should raise your kid, but just remember that just because your way may be different to theirs... it doesn't make it wrong. You do what you think is best for your kid always.

For those mums already out there

You're not alone. On those rough days, when you feel like the worst parent and you start beating yourself up over all the things that you think you should have done differently... STOP! Relax, take a deep breath and remind yourself that being a parent isn't always easy, but it sure as hell is worth it.

Every day, I look at my little girl and think 'How the hell did I get so lucky'. They may drive you insane and push you way beyond anything that you feel you can handle, but being a mum is soooo rewarding. Those tiny people are an extension of you, they learn from you and they also teach us in return.

Peace
♥♥♥
March 30th, 2019 at 11:53pm