In Which Spring Has Sprung and I Reveal New Literary Designs for Mibba's Wacky Writers

For a long time, I lived in a climate that basically had one long season with mild variations; that season would be the rainy season if you were curious.
Having moved to a four-season climate a couple of years ago, I have this strong distrust in the idea that seasons are cyclical. For example, in the summer, winter seems impossible; and in the winter, summer seems impossible. I get used to one season and part of me just assumes that this is how it's going to be. I lived through a ten-year rainy season, I don't know what to do with myself when a season only lasts a couple of months.
That being said, it actually feels like spring now, and at some point I quit needing snow boots and down coats. In fact, I've slept with my window open for the last few nights- it's magical.

On another, probably more exciting note, I have completed two brand new print designs.

The first print, Mechanical Lilies is inspired by and in celebration of spring.
The second, The Beatnik is inspired by the Beat generation literature and aesthetic and celebrates the Beat authors who broke all of the rules and challenged convention.

I also found a great deal on a couple of sketchbooks, one with tan toned paper, the other in grey, so I'm doing a lot of experiments in between classes this semester.

If any of you are interested, I have a Tumblr where I share a lot of my sketches and show what I'm working on in terms of print designs and so forth. If you happen to also have a Tumblr, feel free to follow my page!

You can check that out here.
And if the demon's possess you, you can check out my shop here. Actually, I believe there are some site-wide discounts going on right now...

Okay, that's the end of my uncomfortable self-promotion.

Does it look like spring yet where you guys live?
April 23rd, 2019 at 05:43pm