Updates and a Slight Rewrite Coming for Clarity

Hello, meebs, so I kinda hit a little snag with this mini revision of what I have for Clarity so far. I got done rewriting the original Prologue I had for the story a few years ago (actually it was about six years ago that I came up with the original idea of Clarity/High Voltage) and well, I'm strongly torn between deleting all the chapters I have posted now (I have them saved in a google docs so no worries about losing the stories completely) so I can post the finished rewritten prologue or just you know, posting the prologue as a standalone prequel one-shot kinda thing.

But the thing is is that reading what I wrote, it doesn't feel like it could stand as a lone shot because it's written to be an actual part of Clarity, going off of my memory of the original prologue for when Clarity was called High Voltage. (I fricking wish I had never deleted that prologue btw because it was sitting in my mibba drafts for the longest time along with the starts to what became the first chapter of Clarity!).

I'm def leaning more towards just deleting the current chapters to make room for this prologue-ish chapter then reposting the chapters. (This is why I feel mibba needs a chapter rearranging option because then we could just add a new chapter that could be inserted in between two chapters or something and if we write a new chapter/scene, we can drop the said new chapter into the beginning of the story or something. It would help immensely with revising and editing stories as a whole).

Anyways, I'm writing this let anyone know that if you see I've updated Clarity, it probably won't be a new chapter (at least not at the end of the chapter list) but it'll be more like I'm adding the new prologue and then reposting the current chapters. I'm also kinda fleshing out the current chapters out by rewriting them a little in my No Probllama notebook (I'm literally writing each chapter into my notebook adding some more details while writing them out in my notebook). I bet by the time I retype the chapters into google docs, my overall word count for Clarity will probably reach well over 10k... It's already at 5426 words with the new prologue added onto my google doc for Clarity. Though what I have posted on Mibba is only 4119 words (according to Mibba's personal word counter which is close enough for me!).

So yep, that's all for now. See you all later!

-Hina
May 3rd, 2019 at 07:54pm