Update

Okay. Okay. Okay.

It's been a wild month.

So, yeah. I did get rejected from 2/3 of the graduate programs I applied to...and I felt like a complete and utter failure.

BUT! I did get accepted to 1.

...And I don't wanna go to graduate school (right now).

I finally crumbled a bit and decided that I wanna take a year off. I'm just not feeling continuing my education right now. I'm not that great of a student and going to school just feels like a chore right now.

Plus, honestly, I don't wanna pay for it and I'm not sure if I wanna do what I said I wanna do anymore.

*shrugs*

That's life.

And while I have come to terms with it...my family on my dad's side has not.

It's just been pure, emotional hell with them. My dad got the letter from the last college before I could lie about it. And it's just been this grueling back and forth with them. Just pure emotional blackmail and guilt trips from my dad and grandmother. In fact, my dad isn't even talking to me now.

Oh, by the way, I'm 22 now. My birthday was 3 weeks ago, just so ya know.

ANYWAY, besides that, I've just been job hunting and trying my best to just line SOMETHING up and soften the blow of my just completely being a "disgrace" to my family (it's a LONG story).

BUT, as of today, I got a job offer!

I just have to do the stuff for a background check and drug test.

I'm a *little* nervous for the drug test since I smoke weed semi-regularly. I've cut down a lot since I started job hunting but you never know.

If anyone has any tips and tricks, hmu.

I'm really excited about the job, though. It's not necessarily in my field, but it's a BIG insurance company and I can always grow and move within it.

And the company does have a tuition assistance program (!!!) so I'm really excited about that.

Idk. April was a really shitty month but I'm excited about May.

And I graduate next Saturday! So super excited about that.

See ya in the next blog. <3
May 11th, 2019 at 02:13am