#21 - Signs You Are Going to Be a Great Writer(7) - Life Experience

We have an amazing mind.

We think and we reflect.

We create and we imagine.

We draw.

We sing.

And we dance.

We invent devices.

We launch rockets.

We create video games.

And we make films.

Millions of things in our lives can only come from this wonderful place.

But our mind has limits.

We can't think about things we don't know.

We can't picture things we have never seen.

We can't feel things we have never experienced.

We wouldn't know how to play with numbers if we have never been taught.

We couldn't draw any picture of daffodils, delphiniums or fennel, if we have never seen them before.

We wouldn't know the life of a painter and his mind, if we have never been a painter ourselves before.

And we could never tell what Italy pizza tastes like, if we have never eaten one.

* All of the things in our mind come from our knowlegde and experience. *

Great writers see this rule as the highest.

They know their limits.

They can't write anything.

They can't write fantasies just based on imagination.

So they write things they know well.

They write things based on their own life experience.

The characters in their writings are based on real people they have met in their lives.

The events may be fictional, but the reasons and logic behide these events are not.

Great writers know feelings and emotions can't be faked.

They have to write what their psyche call.

There are countless things happening in the world every second.

So many things attract our attention alluringly.

But great writers know they can't write things they haven't experienced themselves.

People who have never fallen in love crazily couldn't write about jealous, hatred and conflict.

People who have never gone through a horrible disaster couldn't write about fear, scare and death.

People who have never been abused would never understand anxiety, harm and revenge.

Great writers are people who write things they know well and have strong feelings about.

Everything they have put on paper comes from the struggles, fright and injuries within their wounds and memory.

Their writings would draw the readers into a dark crazy world to re-experience the good, the bad and the unforgivable.

**

There are some questions for you.

What life experience do you think worth to write?

How does your life experience influence your writings?

What things do you want to write but have no experience on it, such as music industry? What would you do about it?

**

Thanks again, it is so great to have you guys around.

Please leave comments or send messages.

Be well and see you next time!
May 21st, 2019 at 07:21am