DC's Own Online Multiplayer Game? (DC Universe Online)

Hey, how's it going, guys? So, Idk why, but all of a sudden I just started getting into DC again... No, don't worry, I'm still gonna update Clarity (obviously) and I'm still coming out with that Greek Mythology inspired original too, but I discovered this game called DC Universe Online and after some minor issues with it (the game started lagging really badly after like two hours of me playing it..... so I had to reduce the graphics), I created an account with the gaming publishers, Day Break Gaming(?) (IDK WTF THEY'RE CALLED I KNOW THEY HAVE DAYBREAK IN THEIR NAME!) and I created two characters (because you can only have two character slots unless you wanna create more accounts or are willing to buy more character slots--which I will someday!) so yeah. I originally just made a few characters to play around with the game mechanics and character customization and oddly enough, I actually found Wonder Woman's "Storyline" and Batmans storyline to be more appealing. I mean don't get me wrong, Superman is awesome...

But I kinda liked re-creating or just creating my old Teen Titan OC, Zephyr (Who starts off being a Raven Knock Off when I first came up with her) and pretending that she was brought forth from whatever dimension Raven and Trigon are from to save her sister from Trigon... Yeah, guys, meet Raven's sister, Zephyr, aka Assault Prophet (because I couldn't come up with something more mystical!)
Image
I also created another character called Vulpes Vox, who is a fox alien girl.... who is supposed to be a Guardians of the Galaxy inspired character... I forgot to take a screenshot of her. I may delete her and just finally make Reese from Tainted.

Now I'm wishing there was a Marvel Universe Online game where you can make your own Marvel OCs... DAMN IT MARVEL GET ON THAT! THIS IS A BIG CASH COW!

Okay, I'm done. LOL. (Though seriously, I could make a superhero version of Catmint if Tony made an Iron Suit for her to let her join him in his fights against evil). The only drawback to the character creation in the DC Universe Online game is that you're a bit limited on the hairstyles and some of those styles are a bit... weird? Idk. I still liked coming up with my OCs and hopefully, I'll be able to buy some of the DLC so i can have access to more of the superpowers and weapons and outfit options because I don't see anything that can make my Young Justice OC, Hana come to life in the game (sure there are plant-based powers but Hana's powers will allow her to breathe underwater if she's able to control underwater plants like seaweed).

Oh yeah, and my uh temporary Gotham villain OC, Mortiblaster (she was a technomage gunslinger?) got her ass kicked by Static Shock... I was just doing some missions for the Joker (breaking up a police raid in a warehouse, saving Catwoman--who totally was lowkey flirting with Mortiblaster after their team up against some hero named Huntress, bribing the police and rescuing some mobsters), when I got into a weird-ass brawl with the Gotham Police (I pretty much-attacked anyone with their name in red LOL) when suddenly out of nowhere, I attacked someone without paying any attention who it was and... Me (playing as Mortiblaster) got her ass kicked. It wasn't until I saw the words, "Knocked out," that I saw a familiar character just standing nearby, punching at the air with electric sparks radiating off of him. And I saw the name, "static" over his head.

It wasn't another player (because you would have to ask someone to do a PVP -- player versus player fight) and the name, "Static," was in green (and he lit up in red when I targeted him to attack him). Player names are lit up in blue and NPCs are lit up in green. But still, I recognized those dreadlocks, the dark coat (the screen goes a bit grayish when you get knocked out) and I was like, "Damn! I got my ass kicked by one of my childhood heroes!"

And I'm pretty sure Static was like:
Image
So yeah, RIP Mortiblaster, you weren't cruel enough for this world but the Joker had a good laugh.
Image

But yeah if anyone is interested you can download it on Steam (you'll have to make an account with whoever publishes and licenses DC Universe Online) but it's tons of fun. And the DLC doesn't seem to be expensive. So yep, that was my little time with DC Universe Online and I had a lot of fun though I probably won't play it too often, but hey I'll definitely be writing some funny one-shots about Mortiblaster because as comical as she wasn't (you can give your character a comical personality which is weird but ok), I grew fond of my gun-toting technomage. Her running around Gotham City, admiring the Joker, it's almost.... adorable. I just wish I coulda seen Harlequin... Which I'm sure she's in there, I think I just gotta play a bit longer.

Well, that's all for now, see you all later.

-Hina
May 22nd, 2019 at 08:47pm