#29 - Signs You Are Going to Be a Great Writer(13) - Be Yourself

**

A couple of days ago I asked one of my friends who had two lovely rabbits:

"Do you want these rabbits to be dogs?"

"No! in that case I would have dogs instead." she replied firmly.

**

Everything in this world has its own value and beauty, and nothing can simply replace one another.

Nobody wants grasses to be flowers and flowers to be trees.

Nobody wants fishes to be birds and birds to be butterflies.

And Nobody wants apples to be oranges and oranges to be blackberries.

We just want things to be what they are and be the best they could be.

But why do some people want to be someone else and not themselves?

They want to be wonderwomen or supermen; They want to be their friends or neighbours; They want to be their sisters or brothers.

They want to be anyone or anything but themselves.

They imitate other people's voice, it sounds wired; they copy other people's behavior, it looks awkward; they think the way they have learned from other people, it would be disastrous.

Worst of all, they make themselves look like someone else, it is a life to the end.

Just imagine a dog who wants to be a cat its whole life.

We are different and unique from each other.

Our hair, eyes, noses and lips are so distinguish.

We have our own preferences and dislikes.

We think in our own ways and imagine strange and unusual things in our own mind.

We have our own goals and dreams, and we strive to achieve them in our own styles.

We all love different things from ourselves, we love to be surprised and we want to have unexpected experience, we love people who are look different and think differently, this is why we read other people's stories, watch other people's shows and travel around the world.

How could a person be attractive and capture the eyes of others if she or he doesn't even want to be herself or himself?

Yes, we are not perfect, nobody is, but everyone has her or his strength, genius and attractive feature, all we should do is to discover them, improve them and make them shining.

However much you possess, however smart you are and however hard you work, if you try to become someone else, you will fail and you will become one of the most unhappy and miserable people in the whole world.

So who am I then? How would I know my strength, genius and attractive feature?

For the first question, even the greatest philosopher can not answer well, all you can do is trusting your intuition and self-reflection.

But for the second question, there are something you can do. Like you do your hair, make-up and choose your dresses, you try things and then see if you like them and see if they are right for you and how much value and benefit they would bring to you.

The good news is that whatever you try and whenever you try it, you will know if it would suit you well immediately. So go out and try everything you can possibly have in your hands, you will find that thing which would bring you to the greatest.

In writing, you should do the same.

Nobody can find her or his writing style and genre which are the best suitable for her or him in first days.

Even greatest writers wrote poorly and with no styles in their first tries or even years. At the beginning, they would copy and imitate other writers, and wrote things they didn't like and care, which might be their school assignments or their job, but they never stopped trying new styles and new topics. Year after year, eventually, one day they found it, they found the best of themselves and the rest is history.

Do what those great writers have been doing, try anything and everything, never stop discovering yourself, never forget who you are and what you desire.

Try different topics and genres, with any style you could try out.

If you don't like writing romantic, try detective and criminal; if you don't like detective and criminal, try war and history; if you don't like writing fiction, try news reports, research paper, life style or entertainment.

One day or another, morning or night, you will find it, you will get it and you will be it.

* Become a great writer you are meant to be, nobody can but yourself. *

**

There are some questions for you.

How did you find your current style of hair, make-up and cloth? From your friends or parents or tv or magazines?

How would you define yourself? What would you say if someone ask "Who are you?"?

For your writings, are you satisfied and happy with the writing style and genre you are currently in?

**

Thanks again, you guys, let's be true to ourselves!

Be creative and happy last day of May!

^
May 31st, 2019 at 08:16am