#32 - Would You Guys Love to Experiment Weird Writing Styles?

Writing style is a very big topic, in this blog, I won't dig into that.

But there are some questions for you today.

Do you think you have a specific writing style? How would you describe it? How is it different from other writers'?

What is your favorite writing style? Why? Could you recommend some authors or books that are in that style?

Is your current writing style the same as your favorite style? If not, Why?

Do you want to change your writing style?

Have you ever tried any weird and unusual styles? What were they like?

If you guys want to try some new writing styles and want to talk with someone, I am available.

I love weird and surprising ideas, let's have some fun and privileges only writers can enjoy.

Thanks everyone and have an unusual day!

*****

One of my favorite writing styles, from "The Unlikely Spy", written by Daniel Silva.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUFFOLK, ENGLAND: NOVEMBER 1938

Beatrice Pymm died because she missed the last bus to Ipswich.

Twenty minutes before her death she stood at the dreary bus stop and read the timetable in the dim light of the village's single streetlamp. In a few months the lamp would be extinguished to conform with the blackout regulations. Beatrice Pymm would never know of the blackout.

For now, the lamp burned just brightly enough for Beatrice to read the faded timetable. To see it better she stood on tiptoe and ran down the numbers with the end of a paint-smudged forefinger. Her late mother always complained bitterly about the paint. She thought it unladylike for one's hand to be forever soiled. She had wanted Beatrice to take up a neater hobby--music, volunteer work, even writing, though Beatrice's mother didn't hold with writers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^
June 8th, 2019 at 07:19am