#36 - Beginner's Reflection(3) - 21 Days For a Writing Habit

Hi everyone!

Welcome to a new episode!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Today I am going to talk about habits. We all have some habits, which are things we do often and regularly, sometimes we aren't ever aware of doing them, such as morning routine, bedtime and how we eat, etc.

When I was a kid, my mom told me constantly that good habits made a good life, it was one of the best advice I've ever been given, but my mon never said to me that bad habits destroy your life, I think I should keep that in mind.

I have some good habits, some of them are "spend time carefully", "around with good people" and "healthy life style", which have brought so many good thing in my life, I really arpr that and you should have these habits too if you don't yet.

As you know, I just started my writing journey not long time ago, I am still at the beginning, and I think that making some good writing habits would be very valuable for me.

So what does a good habit look like?

The simple answer is that it has to be helpful to achieve my writing goal.

What is my writing goal?

It's becoming the best of myself as a writer, which means I can write anything I want in the way I want and on the highest level I can be.

Then what habits should I have?

Every great writers have their own writing habits, which bring them to the greatest, if I have these habits, I probably would become a good writer, but people are different, some habits are helpful for some but not for others, I should do some filter works.

Last month, I have made a habit, that is writing as frequently and regularly as possible, so right now, I write almost every day, which is what I want.

Here is my everyday writing routine:

I wake up at 6:00 in the morning.

6:10 - 6:40 Workout.

6:50 - 7:20 Meditation.

7:30 - 8:00 Writing my first draft.

8:00 - 8:20 Breakfast.

8:30 - 17:00 Working.

19:00 - 21:00 Finishing my writing and posting it on Mibba.

22:00 Bedtime.

When I write my first draft, I write it fast, ignoring spelling and grammar errors, just write the structure of the content, not details and then during the rest of the day, when I get time, I will do some thinking and reflection on the content, and in the evening, I finish the writing and then do some polish, after that I post it on Mibba.

In the last month, I followed this routine almost every day, however bad that day was, after 30 days, it became my habit, so I don't need to force myself do anything, I do it naturally. If you want to have this habit too, go check your daily schedule and find time and place to do your writings, keeping do it at least 21 days, after that, you would feel comfortable doing it.

Remember that the first three to five days are hardest, take it slow and make it simple, don't give up, after this very short period of time, you will get better.

I have many writing habits I want to have, such as "be funny", "be poetic" and "be visual", etc. But this month I am going to make a new writing habit, "write clearly and precisely", I think it is very important for my writings, because sometimes I feel a little uncertain, blurred and foggy about what I am writing and I don't know why, so I think it should be one of the very first writing habits for my writing adventure, and I will talk about this habit in the future.

I have a really good question for you.

Do you think you would become a great person if you get into some great habits?

I guess that's all for today's topic and hope it be helpful for you. If you have some questions, please leave comments below/sideways or send me messages, I am open for any suggestions and recommendations.

Thanks again, and let's make some good habits to make our lives better!

Be patient and be enggietl!

See you next time!

^
June 12th, 2019 at 06:21am