#39 - Beginner's Reflection(6) - the More Curious the Better You Would Be as a Writer

Hello everyone!

Mibba has been struggling last two days, hope you all are alright!

Today I am going to talk about curiosity, it is a big topic and I don't know how I would do it right, but as I said in some episode that we, writers, shouldn't just write things we are comfortable with, sometimes we have to write difficult subjects to expand our writing circle and capacity, so let's do some challenge today!

We all know that curiosity is very important for human beings to evolve, grow and survive, but don't know why it is important to writers. If you ask:

Don't writers just write what they observe, experience and feel?

You probably right, some writers seem that they don't care much about or are interested in anything, but they are courious people in some way you aren't aware of and they have to be.

I don't know exactly what I should talk about and what direction I should go in this topic, but this time I just let my common sense and intuition doing their work and see where and how it goes.

So what is curiosity? And what should we care as writers? Would it help us become better writers? It has to be important or what is the point?

When we are curious, we ask questions, so a big part of the definition of curiosity is related to questions.

There are five basic types of questions: What, why, how, when, which, and yes-or-no questions. When we get curious, those types of questions would appear and we want to find their answers.

Curiosity is one of the major sources of motivation. When we encounter things we've never encountered before, we would get cautious and curious, which would raise questions to push and drive us to examine and explore, we want answers and conclusions. Without curiosity, our lives would be so flat and lame.

Curiosity is one of the causes of happiness. Why were we so happy when we were kids? Everything in the world was new and fresh, every place was like a park and every gathering was like a party, we couldn't wait to see things and when we saw them, we would have the biggest smile on our faces.

Curiosity makes us more smart. We want to know things better, we examine them and we analyse them, we love to do experiment on them to understand more thoroughly, which makes us have better knowledge and wisdom to face the challenges of our world.

Curiosity makes us more creative. Curious people try new things constantly, they ask what-if questions, they want to make things different, and they try new ideas, new tools and new technologies to get what they want faster and more efficient.

Curiosity makes us care about other people. We want to understand other people, what they think and feel, we want to connect with them and we love to help each other.

But how would curiosity help us as writers?

Writers are thinkers, great writers are great thinkers and great thinkers are extremely curious human beings. The more curious the more acitve your mind and the more questions you would raise and the more things would appear in your mind, and these things would motivate us to think and reflect, examine and analyze, they would make us desirous to communicate and share, and along the road, they would make us want to express ourselves better.

All in all, curiosity makes us think and thinking helps writing, and writing helps us think better, and thinking better helps us write better. Being more curious makes us think more actively and more creatively.

That is all for today, I will continue this topic in the future because while I am writing I get more things in my head, which is a good thing, means that I have some new material to deal with.

Thanks again and let's pray for Mibba!

Be brave and be curious!

^
June 16th, 2019 at 09:03am