#40 - Beginner's Reflection(7) - Make Your Writings Like Pieces of Music

Hi, everybody!

Hope you all have had a great weekend!

And let's pray for Mibba!

Do you love music?

I think you do.

What kind of music do you prefer? Jazz, rock, rap or classical?

Have you ever thought of doing your writings like composers doing their music?

What would it be like if your writings read like jazz, rock or rap?

There are so many interesting questions to ask which are related to music, so today I am going to talk about something we could learn from music.

Every piece of writing consists of words and every word consists of letters, and most of letter has its sound, and every sound is a vowel or a consonant.

Several sounds form a syllable and several syllables form a word, and several words form a phrase and several phrases form a sentence and ... .

The smallest unit of sound in English is a vowel or a consonant, which is produced by our mouth in the way we sing.

We tend to transform print text into sounds while reading, in other words, we read aloud.

Every vowel or consonant is like a note in music, so a piece of writing is like a piece of music.

Making writings sound beautiful is one of the most important criteria for word choice. Two words have similar meanings, choose one which sounds more harmoniously with the rest.

While readers are going through your writings, they are actually singing them out.

Writings which are sung like bad songs, readers would treat them like they treat bad songs.

We can learn lots of things for our writing from our experience of listening to music, in the future I will dive deeper in this aspect.

Alright, that is all for now and hope you enjoy it!

As always, if you want to talk, please leave comments or send messages and I am open to any suggestion and recommendation.

Be energetic and be rhythmical!

See you next time!

^
June 17th, 2019 at 07:48am