Work and Music

I'm sure very few people are going to see this because I'm pretty sure the blog and story sections are still a little fucked up. But that's okay, I'm sure the people I'm friends with on here will see it and maybe comment and rec this.

First I'm going to rant about work. If you don't want to see me rant about work, you can skip this and head straight for the music part of this blog. I won't blame you.

Okay so for the last two weeks me and my one coworker have been covering this other coworker's shift because her cousin was in hospice care. Well I was covering this girl's shifts, the other girl just worked slightly longer shifts. I was the one doing double shifts. I work in an animal hospital, if you are new to my blogs. So I work in two different parts of the hospital. I work as a nurse (vet tech) and as a kennel tech. So my original schedule only had me working kennel 3 days this month. But since the girl needing to be with her cousin, I ended up working in kennel for the past two weeks. I worked tech in the morning (expect this past monday, I worked kennel in the am.) and then I would have about 1-2 hour break in between and then I work kennel to close. Closing kennel fucking sucks. Because while we close at 6, it doesn't mean kennel gets to leave at six. Kennel can't leave until everything is cleaned and ready for opening shift tomorrow. So I didn't get out of work until around 7:30pm. Almost every night these past two weeks. Some days I did get out at around 6:30 but it was rare. So I'm not only closing every single night but I'm having to be back in work at anywhere from 8 am to 9 am to start this thing all over again. So naturally I'm tired and I'm fucking sore and I'm just over everything at this point.

The other full time kennel girl that was helping cover shifts was also complaining about having to cover. This girl got out of work around 3 pm every single day. She basically worked her typical shift every single day. The only day she had to close was this past Monday. She's complaining about having to cover this girls shifts but never offered to do a double or anything like that so I'm not doing double duty constantly. And she's complaining about not having another part time person to help out. I had to deal with this type of stuff constantly. Before I was in tech, I was the kennel person that did the doubles, covered everyone's shifts and literally worked myself sick because of it. I'm not joking. During flu season last year, I was covering a girl that had the flu and I ended up getting it myself. But I didn't, or couldn't, really take time off because I was covering her shifts. I had two days off because of the flu. The other girl had a fucking week. The only major breaks I had from work were when I was admitted into the hospital or on medical leave after my surgery. And when I came back and was off of restrictions, my manger had my working my ass off yet again. She had me working like I didn't have major abdominal surgery. My first week off of restrictions was hell. I had a breakdown because I felt like shit.

Anyway. Every time this girl complained, I fought the urge to just yell "suck it up buttercup. at least you're not pulling two different shifts in two different parts of the hospital." She just pissed me off this week. Yea, you can be tired but don't complain to someone that's doing double duty for the past two weeks. I went from three kennel days to over two weeks worth. Yea I'm getting more money but I'm killing myself in the process. I'm glad they trust me but I sometimes wish they didn't. Your girl's very tired which I why I haven't been crazy with story updates this past two weeks. Hopefully this'll change soon. Upside is, I got my July schedule and I have July 4th off. I'm hoping my manager keeps me off of working holidays when it comes to kennel. I make more money having the day off than I would working it.

Work rant done. I feel better to get this off my chest.

MUSIC TIME

So what should my weekly music blog be about this week? I have three ideas that kind of stems off of last week's theme. Last week was a two for one because I forgot the week before. So it was Black Veil Brides and HIM. I might still do a part two of HIM but that'll be later on.

My ideas for this week are.

Favorite songs by The 69 Eyes
Favorite songs by The Rasmus
Favorite songs by Nightwish

and to break away from the Finnish theme
Favorite songs by Cradle of Filth
Favorite songs by Marilyn Manson


So please vote? Maybe?

I'm leaning towards The Rasmus. No one talks about them enough.
June 22nd, 2019 at 03:32am