Guess Who I saw at ComiCon?

Hi, MIbba! How's it going?! Sooo, it's been a week give or take a day or two (depending on when you guys read this blog!--it's also close to Midnight where I'm at so yeah). Anyways, so today was ComiCon (or Comic Con?) and well, It was fun! A few days ago, I almost thought of backing out but since my aunt (and her boyfriend) and uncle had already bought the tickets, and my cousins and everyone else wanted me to go, I decided not to back out. I wouldn't say tickets are terribly expensive but it'd be a waste for my aunt to buy a ticket for me and have me not go. So yeah. So, while I'm not gonna show all the pictures of my aunt and uncle took (at least not of my little cousins and any that were taken of my family--it's for privacy reasons and out of respect for my family), I will show you some pics of celebrities that we did catch a glimpse of and awesome costumes i saw. And believe me there were a lot of amazing costumes (most of the costumes I saw were either Marvel, The Walking Dead, or DC or Pokemon related but you know what? That's still cool!)

So first up because I did promise pics of my costume (Which wasn't that great for a Ruby Cosplay)
Image
Okay first off, this is the only time I'll show a pic of any of my cousins but since me and my 15 year old cousin (Tera the Scrap Robot on here!) dressed up on Sapphire and Ruby I decided to show this one. Oh and the pikachu is a little boy in a blow up Pikachu costume, which was adorable. I promise the boy has oxygen and was able to get out of there because later on, we saw him out of it, resting outside.

So me and Tera got a lot of attention for our Costumes because we were the only people who dressed up as Steven Universe characters. We had people come up to us five times to either take pictures of us (or with us), or to praise us for our costumes. LOL. It was fun but also embarrassing.

Then there was Peewee Herman aka Paul Reubens.
Image
We couldn't exactly go up to him because doing the whole photo op and autograph thing came with a package that we would have to buy ahead of time and those things are freaking expensive but my uncle snapped those photo so Paul Reubens was there. My aunt was lowkey hoping he would do his Peewee Herman laugh but I think that much like how Jaleel White is mostly known for his Steve Urkel character (much to his chagrin) and wanted to break from that, I feel the same thing goes for Paul. I could be wrong though!

Up next!
Image
If you've ever watched that old tv show from the fifties(?), Leave it to Beaver (especially if you lived in America), then you might recognize these three. I can't tell you exactly who's who, but altogether they are Wally, Sebastian Bach, and the Beaver himself.

My aunt wanted to see the remaining Monkees because they were supposed to be there but there was a long ass line to see them and to do anything photo and autograph wise requires a fan package. But we did see someone who dressed up as one of them (though we didn't get a picture of the cosplayer... sadly). We also saw the voice actor for Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid and Jodi Benson but Jodi's line was extremely long (and she also had a fan package) and oddly enough none of us were interested in approaching Prince Eric, which made me feel bad because I kinda liked him when I was a kid but the Little Mermaid wasn't my favorite Disney movie (I still like it, it's just not very high on my list of favorite Disney movies). My uncle, Tera, and I wanted to see Tara Strong (voice actress for Timmy Turner from Fairly Oddparents, Bubbles from the original Powerpuff Girls, and Raven from the original Teen Titans--and other things that escape me atm) but we couldn't catch her sooo yeah.... And two personal fails for me were the original green ranger from the original power rangers tv show (can't remember the actor's name! Sorry! D:). His line was way too long and he required a fan package (damn it, Tommy! D:) and there was also Dante Basco, Rufio from Hook
Image
And the voice actor of Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender, and Jake Long from American Dragon Jake Long. He wasn't at his both, much like Tara Strong (which was sad...)

Along the way, I saw two people cosplaying as Sally Face from.. well, Sally Face.
Image
This is Sally Face is the first the one I saw when we first entered the main convention building. I personally thought she was adorable. I caught her again outside near fountain/park area so she let me take a picture with her (I was lucky because i meant to ask her early on if i could take a picture with her to show Erin xD)
Image
This Sally face I caught at the near end of the convention or close to it and she was also adorable.

Given that I couldn't find any of my favorite "comic" or "animation" celebs to take a picture with, I kinda felt a little disappointed until I saw this guy (either my aunt or my uncle or Tera told me he was there).
Image
Steven Freaking Blum! If any of you guys ever watched the toonami block on Cartoon Network and remember that robot host, Tom, or perhaps you guys remember watching adult swim in the early 2000s and saw the likes of Cowboy Bebop or Big O, or if you perhaps watched Wolverine and the X-Men in 2008 like I did, this the man behind the voices of Tom from Toonami, Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, and Roger Smith from The Big O, and my main favorite X-Men member, Wolverine (or Logan!) from Wolverine and the X-Men!

Ohoho I felt like I hit the jackpot when I hit the jackpot with finding him! We caught him just as he was packing up his stuff in his booth. At first I was nervous about approaching him and asking him for a picture but I did it. The first thing I said was, "Mr. Blum?"

He turned around and said hello. And after I told him I was a big fan, I asked him for a picture with him, he was kind enough to let me have a picture with him and let me tell you, Mibba, as he said my name, and appreciated me for being his fan, I just heard every character he's ever voiced in animation and video games (I believed he's voiced some video game characters). He was getting ready to leave because he had a plane to catch and you know what? I was afraid he was gonna be jerk like some of these actors tend to be sometimes but he wasn't. He was totally nice. And of course, that picture hanging over his booth with him and Wolverine was picture perfect.

Well, that's pretty much what happened at ComiCon. I did see an Aquaman and a Batgirl couple cosplay and me and Tera were lie, "In an alternate universe, Batgirl is dating Aquaman. LOL."

I also saw a Princess Tutu cosplay, but since the girl that was doing the cosplay looked tired, I decided on not bothering her for a picture but her costume was so pretty. We also Captain Hook, Smee, and Peter Pan, and Tinkerbelle. We also saw a Cinderella (in her servant clothing), and an Ariel after she becomes human the first time around.

Well that's all for now. See you all later!

-Hina
July 15th, 2019 at 06:48am