#83 - Beginner's Reflection(49) - Analyzing a Book(I)

Good day everyone!

Nice to see you all again!

Everytime when I read a new book, I ask myself: How did the author make this book? I would check the cover, the pictures, the structure of the content and so on, but I have never formally gone deeper to analyze a book.

As the last chapter said, I've been reading a great book called "Belong", written by Radha Agrawal and it is worth the time to analyze it.

I have never analyzed a book before, so I have no idea of how I would do that. As in lots of situations, if I don't know how to do a thing, I will use my instinct, logic and common sense.

My plan for the analysis of this book is to ask a couple of relevant questions, there are:

. What is this book all about?

. Who is the author?

. What is the motive of the author for writing the book?

. What goal does the author want to achieve?

. What does the author do to achieve her writing goal and how?

Through these five questions, we can examine a book in a very systematic way, from the producer to her motive, then to the content and to the way how the author achieve her goal.

This chapter is just an introduction for a mini series "Analyzing a Book", in next chapters, I will pay more attention on each of these questions and see what we can learn from the process of analysis.

We should keep some questions in mind throughout the whole process of analyzing the book "Belong":

What causes the author to write this book?

Why does the author write this book in the way she does?

Why did the author not others write this book?

How does the author achieve her writing goal?

What can we learn from the author and the book?

And many other questions.

Alright, that's all for now and hope you enjoy it.

As always, leave comments and send messages.

Be thirsty and be never satisfied!

^
August 6th, 2019 at 06:35am