#108 - Writers Vs Manipulators

Happy weekend, everybody!

New idea and new experiment!

Most of novels I've read have simple stories, so is the book I've been reading lately:

A woman met a man, they shared a very short period of happy time, then something bad happened between them, they fought and argue, and they broken up, each found new lover and got married, some years later, they met again and both divorced because of miserable marriage, then they fell love again and lived a happy life ever after.

See, I can tell this story in about one hundred words, but do you know how long this book really is?

Over three hundred pages, more than ten thousands words.

It is a simple story and a normal one, not any fantasy in it, just two normal people, like most of us, living their normal lives, but I, the reader, feel the genuine struggles and conflicts, and love and betrayal, the dark side of human nature and the bright side, desperation and hope, coward and bravery, ..., which is why literature is an art.

Great writers are great storytellers, they create interesting worlds and characters, and draw you into the world to live with these characters and make you become one of them, you want to join their adventures and you want to help, you want to give them advice and suggestions, like they are your best friends or family, you feel happy for their success and down for their failure; you feel embarrassed for their stupidity and proud for their brilliance; you want the adventurer find the treasure or the loving couple be together again or the survivor of homicide get revenge. Do you know there is another name to call great writers?

They are ruthless and scheming manipulators!

Alright, it's time to end and hope it is enjoyable!

Thanks for being here and let's control the universe!

Be spirited and be sharp!

^
August 31st, 2019 at 06:12am