When Songs Get Stuck in Your Head

Am I the only one that gets a song stuck in their head that they haven't heard in forever? And by forever I mean straight up years, sometimes decades. I've had a handful myself ranging from an oldies song to this one song from a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie (one from Winning London, if you're curious).

Another song that occasionally pop into my head is one I have not heard in decades. Couldn't tell you who it was by or even really the name of it, as song titles don't always match what you think they are...I'm looking at you, Baba O'Reilly. Sorry, started to go off on a tangent. Anyway, I finally decided to Google it, as previous searches on Spotify were no help.

This song, that will occasionally pop into my head, was on one of the discs for Windows 95...as an extra thing I think? No freaking idea, it's obviously been awhile since I've seen the disc. But I finally figured it out, courtesy of Google.

It was this song Good Times by Edie Brickwell. And honestly after finally hearing it in the first time in ages, beyond the chorus, it doesn't sound like the same song. Like I straight up don't remember the part with the guy with the hella deep voice, but whateves.

Now if only Goggle could help me find the Mickey Mouse Numbers and Mickey Mouse Alphabet games that I used to think were the shit, that'd be great. And maybe that Putt-Putt game my sister used to have...
October 2nd, 2019 at 09:10am