No More Hair Dye?

Okay so if you've known me for awhile, you know I'm always dying my hair. I've been dying my hair since I was 11 and I'm currently at the age of 28. So for 17 years, I've been putting my hair through chemical hell. I've dyed it, bleached it, stripped it and repeated everything. But it seems it have caught up with me.

I've been dying my hair more frequently this past year. I've chopped my hair extremely short and have been using having short hair to my advantage. I've been dying my hair different colors more frequently. But it got to the point where the hair color won't pick up on certain parts of my hair and it hasn't been staying in like it usually has done in the past. So my mom sent a message to my cousin, who does hair for a living, and she's even stumped. But she thinks it's probably due to having too much dye on my hair. So she suggested two things. 1) stripping my hair of all color and starting over. I've done the stripping before and wasn't the biggest fan of how damaged my hair felt afterwards. 2)Malibu Hair Treatment is the second thing she mentioned. It's mainly for hard water build up but it also removes excess product build up, color build up and all that good stuff.

Needless to say, I went with the second option. I bought it online and started using it today. The kit I bought had shampoo, conditioner and a weekly remedy packet. I used all of that today and I can already feel a difference in my hair. Sure my hair is now showing blonde again but hopefully that won't be a problem.

So this brings me to the title. I'm taking a break from hair dye. If you know me, this'll be a challenge. From now until around Christmas, I'm saying no to hair dye. I'll continue with the hair treatment and hope that in a month and half I'll be able to dye my hair and it'll come out like it should and stay as long as it should. So fingers crossed.
November 2nd, 2019 at 01:16am