Stressed + I Think My Writing Sucks

Today was stressful again. As I mentioned in a brief update, I live with my boyfriend at his parents. His Mom has progressive MS. It's just been going downhill since March.
Today she was taken to the hospital again(we basically take her once a week at this rate). She just said she was in unbearable pain, and we can't do anything to help her or get her to calm down.

Well they came back a lot sooner than I thought. Then within hours it was a shit show again.
She is just saying she is in so much pain and she is basically flipping out.
It took us HOURS to finally get her to calm down.

My boyfriends Dad is basically living in insanity. He basically doesn't take any help. He never asks for help. I offer countless times a day, but he doesn't take it. He just is driven off the deep end at this point. And I personally don't blame him. But if he refuses to take or hire any type of help...then the mom basically needs to be put in a nursing home at this point. I feel like such a dick for saying that. But he can't live in this in insanity anymore. He basically was loosing it tonight.

On top of that with no job, nothing to do, I just hate this whole pandemic thing. This pandemic has just come down to who's dick is bigger contest on being right. And I'm so sick of it, on top of other factors in my life.

-----------------

Looking back on my writing, I don't see why anyone likes it. Other than the fact I write about dark themes/taboo topics and it's something people appreciate. Other than that, my writing is so simple. I feel like my stuff is boring other than the topic.

With my poems and short stories, I feel like I got great flow and an impact message/emotion.
I'm just unsatisfied with my work. I feel like I'm not a good writer. My style is boring and simple, and I'm just lazy with finishing stuff.

I know I'm not going to be cracked out like Stephen King and come up with legacy of masterpieces. But still, I want to do more with my writing I am proud of.
I want to start doing some writing exercises a couple times a week to help me get back into writing and developing a style I can be proud of.

If anyone can recommend me some sites that have good daily writing exercises or even phine apps, please let me know!

That's all for now. Later on Mibba.
May 18th, 2020 at 06:17am