Coming Out of Iso | New Contest

Hi all!

Australia slowly be coming out of iso and lowering restrictions, which is exciting but kinda scary. I saw my best friend for the first time in 2 months and spent it hanging with her family and boyfriend (who is also one of my good mates) and so that was lovely. Also had sex last week and it was okay but as someone who has been single in this time, it was good too. Dating in iso was a trip LMAO (whole other story) so naturally, I'm excited to go back to face to face interactions.

I was fortunate that while a lot of people lost their job in iso, I got a new one, and currently work in the city in business support. Not what I want to do with my life nor it is in my desired field and it's only for 6 months but I'm just grateful to have gotten a job in the first place and making signficiantly more money than I was before. So I'm feeling pretty fucking great, honestly.

I'm not sure how everyone else has dealt with iso, but besides gaining weight (ugh) I've really been enjoying being at home and not spending any money. Although since working in the city which is an hour commute one way, it's taken up a significant amount of my time to a point that when it comes to the weekend, all I really do with my time is do errands for 75% of the weekend and chill out by myself. Well. This was during stage 4 restrictions. Now that restrictions have lifted significantly and will continue to do so during June and July, I hope that I won't be going out as much but rather driving around to see my friends and keeping it super lowkey. Right now, my only priorities are looking after my diet and working out consistently (which I have been doing, but unfortunately, I like to eat) and hoping that the workplace I'm with gives me a permanent contract at the end of the 6 months. Thankfully, I don't have to think about that until November, so that's a relief.

I hope everyone's doing well, nonetheless. Mad shoutout to Jacinta Arden, PM of NZ, for being a bloody champ and all around great politician during this time. And to our state premier who has really done a great job of keeping our state safe. Let's not even talk about our PM. But he's not as bad as Trump so I mean, I can't complain too much.

During this time I've slowly been inching myself to write with little success until I entered a contest here (if you're interested). It looks good, as well as this one. I've also added a contest myself to try inspire anyone coming back during iso! It's a simple image contest but based on text / chat speak so I think it could be fun. Link is here should you feel inspired.

Well, that's it from me! Give me updates on how y'all are doing - I miss everyone on here thx.
May 24th, 2020 at 02:16pm