Hybrid Theory's 7th year anniversary

I know a lot of users here on mibba are mcr/fob/panic/greenday/etc. fans... but since it's my journal, i'd like to celebrate the 7th anniversary of Linkin Park's best selling Hybrid Theory which includes the hits "In the end", "Papercut", the grammy award winning "Crawling" and "One step closer".

a little info on Hybrid Theory from wikipidia.com

Hybrid Theory is the debut album by the American band Linkin Park. Released on October 24, 2000 by Warner Bros. Records, Hybrid Theory received much critical acclaim and proved to be a commercial success worldwide, peaking at #2 in the U.S. Billboard 200 and charting in eleven other countries. The album also helped Linkin Park to achieve themselves as one of the leading bands in the nu metal scene.

Hybrid Theory also produced four hit singles “One Step Closer”, the Grammy Award-winning “Crawling”, “Papercut” and “In The End”. The diamond-certified album has sold 24 million copies[1] worldwide as of 2006, making it the highest selling debut album of the twenty-first century and remains the band's best-selling album.

I remembered the day i bought hybrid theory...it was march 2001 (i was 13 back then) i was in a record store and i immediately rushed to grab a copy of HT because i thought they were about to be sold out because back then, HT was the best-selling foreign rock album in Manila (well, they still are up to now) anyways, it was my celebration for saving up 450php($9)for the cd and for my summer vacation. since then, i've been listening to HT non-stop and i really loved every song.

seven years later i'm now 19 and in college, several LP albums bought, one LP show seen, i still listen to HT every once in a while. this album definately opened up my passion for great music.

i'm one of those LP fans that Chester describes that 'grew up' with them. Now, i'm happy about minutes to midnight and to LP, please continue to make good music because we fans will always be here to support you guys. rock on LP!
October 26th, 2007 at 04:55pm