Addressing My Lack of Updates

So I've hit a block in writing. And well it happened not long after I posted my last update for my only active story. I've gotten use to hitting these blocks because they kept happening. But it's still hard nonetheless. I was doing good with rewriting on of my stories and then my brain decided to nope me on writing at all. I have been trying. But nothing seems to want to come out. And now I'm reading over all old stories I've written. Because there have been alot of them. I'm trying to stick to the ones that I have finished. I feel like if I can read those maybe it'll inspire me to finish the other stories. So far it makes me want to write but not on what needs to be written on. And I'd rather not delete things and start over. But I may work on something new to see if it will help me get to writing on the other things.

But on top of the brain not wanting to write, I have been working a bit more the past couple of months. With the little one I was watching entering pre-k and her mom only in school for her nursing degree a few days a week they really weren't needing me. Plus the whole pandemic and social distancing. But her mom has had to work some for part of her school so on those days I'll go and fetch the little one from the bus in the afternoon. Plus there had been days off and she was out of school for a couple of days because of allergy problems which they had to see a doctor for before they would accept it wasn't covid. And they just had a fall break.

But when I wasn't working I was helping my mom with my niece while my sister worked. My mom's anxiety from her meniere's disease has gotten a bit bad as of late. She hasn't had any episodes with her vertigo which can be triggered by alot of things. Too much salt. The heat. Food such as processed pork. Too much caffeine and so on. But the anxiety side of it comes from the fear of an attack. So she hasn't been feeling well enough to do it on her own.

So in short. I'm trying but I'm not updating until I have more to post.

~Vixyn
October 14th, 2020 at 07:11pm