I'm Back (With a Small Rant and Some Good News!)

Sorry for not posting anything lately. I would say that I got distracted by a bunch of video games and shows that I'm watching, but that would be only 20% true. What is the other 80% that kept me from being on Mibba? Um well it's kinda hard to explain. Part of it is how Mibba is and the inactivity on here (I'm not faulting anyone for that though I wish Dujo would come in and fix the site. If I knew coding--beyond the basic stuff of italicizing and bolding words, I'd offer to help, but I suck at coding even a simple webpage). But I think overall, I lost inspiration and the drive to write. I mean I still jot down ideas and plan out characters, but as far as writing anything past the first chapter, maybe past two chapters? Yeah, I can't seem to do it. And it doesn't help that what little inspiration I do have left refuses to come out into a google doc or even a notebook.

But my brain is still a writer's brain.I still get ideas and think of scenarios and stuff. I'm also still finding myself feeling a bit bitter/upset over the pups having parvo. I know I shouldn't rely on dogs for my mental health or whatever but honestly, that's not the case. I'm too used to having a dog nearby, regardless of it being mine or not, and me seeing all these tv news reports saying, 'People are adopting dogs to help with their mental health and to cope with the pandemic and isolation" kinda bugs me because like I said, I'm used to having a dog around and when I see those news stories/reports, I'm sitting here thinking, "Why are people all of a sudden getting dogs/pets? When normally most people get pets for their kids only for their kids to outgrow/lose interest in the pets and the pets are abandoned or put into shelters?"

Yeah, that's kinda of a negative thought. I know not everyone who gets a pet are bad people. But I've seen a lot of news reports around here where people are just abusing their pets. It hurts my soul tbh. But let's move onto good news. So, yesterday when my cousins returned from their dad's (remember they at their dad's every other week), the topic of dogs came up. I mean I wasn't really listening at first because I was playing one of my cousins' games (Tera the Scrap Robot was letting me try out something in the new DLC for Pokemon Sword and Shield--didn't get no legendaries sadly xD) when I heard something about vet costs and adoption fees. At first, I kinda thought that somehow we were getting the pups back (which I would be flipping overjoyed if that were to come true) but no. My aunt was looking through app/website called petfinder which allows you to look for rescues and pets at shelters and whatnot. It's basically an app or a website listing with lists of pets that are available at shelters, and the shelters will give the pet you want a shot (though we gotta make an appointment to see the pets and make sure we actually want them).

Well, my aunt looked at the site/app on her phone and to her it seems like they didn't have any small dogs (or dogs of a small breed) but least does my aunt know, you kinda have to do a little search on the search navigation bar cause my aunt said she wanted a miniature pinscher/pincher and I found some (I think? XD) and yea. There are some small dog breeds and even small cat breedes too lol. So, what does this mean? Well, it means my aunt is thinking of letting my cousins get another dog and that means we get to try for more pups... and this time the pups will have their shots! If not, I'm gonna be upset (well not really but at the same time, a little part of me will be).

So yeah, my aunt said she'll check again later this week but i'm gonna show her the search function and we're gonna be checking for doggos on the petfinder app. Like I said the app or site is linked to a lot of shelters and rescue centers so we'll find pups eventually. (I'm hoping by the end November or by Christmas at the latest that we get new pups).

And also in other news, I started watching Game of Thrones and I gotta say, I'm addicted.

TDLR: We might be getting pups again soon, I've been away due to lack of inspiration and I'm watching Game of Thrones.

See you all later!
October 27th, 2020 at 09:40am