It Happened

Oof.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Dujo sees the money leave his bank account.

I read the 3 blogs I made this year and...chaotic energy was (and always will be) my forté.

BUT before I go into anything else:
Image

I got engaged!

On our third anniversary, my boyfriend proposed. For the sake of this, we'll call him D.

Okay, okay. So the story goes like a regular Covid-19 anniversary for people who actually care about social distancing. We ordered take out from this high-end Italian place, drink, talk, and what have you. After, we go to exchange gifts. I give him all the gifts I got for him this year (which were like basic shirts and a Woodstock hoodie). And then he gives me my gifts (awesome Naruto stuff since I was rewatching at the time and am OBSESSED). So I'm just sitting there super excited I have the first issue of Boruto in my hands as he goes to our bedroom for something. Obsessed, I didn't really notice but he comes back into our living room with something behind his back. He immediately goes "This is temporary" as he gets down on one knee. At this time my mind just shuts down. I'm crying.

He proposed with a cherry ring pop.

And it was always a joke that he would do it. And he did. D didn't tell a single person he was going to propose to me until he did it.

And I think the thing that gets me is that as that was happening, our song was playing. We inadvertently have a 'song'. It's Mood by Dvsn. When I told D I loved him for the first time that song was playing. For some reason, it has just followed us through our relationship, especially at monumental moments. D has a thing for making a playlist for any given reason (Halloween, top songs of the year, etc) so making an anniversary playlist is not out of the ordinary at all.

He did advise that the song playing was happenstance, he didn't plan that at all. Which I think is the best part.

I chose the ring myself. It's a lab-created ring because we all know I'm a social justice queen over here. No conflict diamonds over here.
Image

So, yeah, that has been my December. Yes, I have already mentally started planning in my head. The Pinterest board is lit. Hoping for a post-rona wedding in 2022 if, ya know, the apocalypse doesn't happen.

Will I make wedding planning blogs? Very likely.

Also very likely I will post things on my Instagram stories as I'm planning in real-time. So if you're interested in that, my Instagram is @brianaessence.

See you on the flippity flip.
December 28th, 2020 at 06:52pm