Currently Procrastinating + Finally Watching Atlanta & Thinking About Writings Some Reviews?

As the title says, I am currently procrastinating. I have to finish an assignment due tomorrow, and I feel like I need to take a second and not do that. Great reason, right?

I recently came across this short "zine" I wrote last summer. When I say short, I mean cover-to-cover, 18 pages. But it got me thinking about how much I love creating content, and I'm not going to really go into the zine itself here because, what I also realized, was that it is something I want to explore further in the future when I have more time/experience.

I am working on my graphic design degree right now. I think in the future, I would really like to take this little project to the "next level" (I actually had to go back and put that in quotations because I can't stand that phrase, lol). Anyway, maybe one day I will build off of my idea and do something with it for real.

However, stumbling on the zine made me miss writing reviews, and I'm considering coming on here and knocking out a couple of reviews on movies I have seen lately.

I also, finally, got around to watching Atlanta with Donald Glover, and it's incredible. So. Well. Done.
I'm just getting into it (3 or 4 episodes in), but I love how nuanced every scene is, how the dialog and interactions flirt with reality a bit, and how the whole thing has this very distinct vibe.

Perhaps another thing to write about later?

Who knows.

Anyway, I'm done procrastinating, so I'll submit this random rambling and go on my way.
February 15th, 2021 at 10:33pm