Progress

I haven't been able to write much the last two years, between broken laptops and having the drive to sit and create something from nothing just doesnt come as easy to me as it did in my younger years. I remember being 15 years old and writing a co-story where I cranked out four or five one thousand word chapters A NIGHT.
Before last night, the last time I sat and wrote-- actually wrote, no procrastinate-- was before my daughter was born almost 4 years ago. Between the last two nights I wrote roughly 6,000 words of new content.
Thats right. No rewrites. No edits.
Original content.
A WHOLE FUCKING CHAPTER.
My heart feels so good right now. I am excited to keep writing more. I still have aspirations of publishing When Night Falls into a trilogy if I can keep up this momentum. I already found a cover design artist, I've already established the logistics of self-pub through Amazon. I'm looking into editors (Line, Copy, Dev) and the costs associated.
When I posted WNF to Mibba it was really rough, while a lot of thought went into the story and the characters I didn't focus any of that thought on execution and I just wrote it down and posted it. I didn't polish it beyond a quick read through with a beta.
The next 9 days I'm staying with a close friend to help her get packed and move and I plan to actually sit and write in the evenings those nights. I'm hoping to finish the first book of WNF (there are some scenes that need to be added to round out the story) and work on rewriting some sections that are really rough around the edges or don't make sense.

On top of my write-a-thons I plan on watching ALOT of anime.
I'm half way through My Hero Acadamia and I just cant even right now.
My favorite scene:
Image
DEKU PROTECTING ERI IS JUST SO FUCKING AMAZING.
It's honestly one of my newest favorite scenes from an anime.
Thats right next to this moment
Image
BECAUSE HOW THE FUCK COULD I NOT LOVE THIS.
April 16th, 2021 at 09:25pm