How are you all? | Rediscovery | New Project

Hey all! How is everyone doing? Good, I hope :) if anyone is even reading this LOL

I bought a typewriter recently. It's pretty fucking bad ass.

I decided to incorporate it into my daily writing process since it still works perfectly (aside from a sticky "1"). I've also tried to make an effort to do something writing/reading related every day - which, as I have no current "big" projects I'm working on, means I've been writing flash fiction from prompts. I figured why not post them here since I don't plan on doing anything with them otherwise :) plus it gives me a chance to edit something and improve as I do it.

In doing so I kind of rediscovered why I love Mibba so much! Mibba is really fucking awesome, it's such a creative platform, and it really makes me sad that Dujo has kind of abandoned us. This is, kind of like, the only place I can produce the work I've been doing lately in the way I want to. If that makes sense.

I just posted the first few parts of Man-Made, this little flash fiction thing I wrote while I was writing on my typewriter. I decided to kind of make it an anthology of sorts with this one character. I like it a lot. But I don't only like the writing aspect. I also really enjoy the visual side of storytelling. I like being able to almost completely control the way in which my story is presented to readers. Its really cool. But I can't do that anywhere else! Fuck! I wish I could just buy Mibba and work out its kinks and get it up and running again and hopefully bring the community back haha. Would be awesome!

Anyways, the new project re: the title is Man-Made. It's short little bits of an artificial intelligence reflecting on its life in its final moments. I'm not taking it all too seriously, just using it to get my writing done for the day, to give me inspo and to work my muscles haha. Feel free to give it a look! I think it's going to take itself in a satirical direction ala 1984, but with the personality of Psithurisma. Plus, I really like the layout I made!

Hope you all are doing well again. Feel free to hit me up on here if y'all wanna chat or anything! Are you guys working on anything new you want people to check out? :)
August 11th, 2021 at 08:36pm