Lurking, Life, and the Pursuit of Poetry

Mibba, it's been a minute. More than a few actually. I was never super active on this site, but whatever activity I did contribute has slacked off significantly in the last couple of years, although I do check in every few months or so. It's a bit disheartening to see that the bugs that hit the site awhile ago haven't been fixed, with the stories and blogs and such.

Most of my inactivity has been due to Real Life. My job is pretty time-consuming, and there wasn't much down time for me even during 2020 (I was going to say "during the pandemic" but we're still smack in the middle of it, unfortunately. I live in Mississippi, and if you know anything about our numbers, you know it's still bad here). Last year looked like a lot of caring for my parents who were, in turn, caring for my grandparents. One of my roommates got married, and the remaining roommate and I had to find someone new (which, exciting news, she moved in this week. Cheers to lower rent!). I've fallen in love with a very kind man as well; he happens to also be one of my best friends, and we've talked about my feelings (he doesn't know where he stands) and are figuring things out.

I also started going to counseling and seeing a psychiatrist, and I'm finally on medication for depression and anxiety, which is about twenty years late--but not too late. It's never too late, if it means you save yourself.

Anyway, that's basically me. I'm going to catch up later tonight on some updated stories I've missed during my absence. I also posted a new poem: Sea Vacation.

I hope all of you are doing well, as you exist and try to do your best in the midst of COVID and hurricanes, wildfires and flooding, all in a very sad and broken world.
August 31st, 2021 at 09:33pm