It's Getting Old Already

I can't even begin to describe how complicated the past two months have been. Everything seemed to just be colliding all at once. It was frustrating in more ways than one.

I ended up catching covid for the first time. Luckily, it didn't bother me as much as it did everybody else in my family - the worst part about it was just the cough for me, but because of my seasonal allergies, I'm coughing constantly anyway. I got over it pretty quickly, but the coughing is still an issue, and during the first two weeks, it was bad enough that I just ended up with persistent headaches.

I reconnected with some old friends. In some ways, this has been okay - we don't keep in constant contact, which is a relief to me, because it feels like my whole life is just hectic 90% of the time, and gets in the way of everything else (especially when I still have friends who just DRAIN me). But then I was talking to one in a more romantic sense, going on dates with him, talking all day and all night (which makes it impossible to do anything, because we were constantly on the phone and I couldn't talk and type at the same time), but then he ghosted me like a week ago. So hey, I'm free to catch up on stuff!

Just a quick note here - I'm not really bothered by the fact that he ghosted me. I went into the whole thing with a 'either it will or won't happen' and didn't let my hopes get too high. It's freeing for it to be completely over, though.

My grandma has been gone a lot for doctor's appointments and church retreats, so I've been taking care of the house. She has another appointment coming up (she doesn't know when, because she has to reschedule it). During her last appointment, she found out she's not getting oxygen to a part of her heart, that a valve isn't bringing it in or something? I don't know, either way, she asked me not to tell my mom about it, so I'm just weighed down with this knowledge, worrying about her. It doesn't help that both her and my mom are experience blood pressure issues, too.

We did receive some good news regarding a cousin of mine, but I'd rather not talk about it here. I'm mostly mentioning it to be like 'hey, not everything was bad or stressful or meh!'

I don't know, I'm mostly just updating stuff at this point.
September 25th, 2022 at 07:43pm