Another Harry Potter Fanfic Ramble

Some time ago I posted an entire blog/ramble about the class schedules in Harry Potter. Here's a follow up, of sorts.

I mean, not technically. Just a ramble about the story it's for. I can't keep talking about this with my sister, who's probably sick and tired of hearing my rambles, and my husband doesn't like Harry Potter (as much as I do).

From the beginning of this fanfic, I had one idea that I was going to use. One idea. It's not entirely my idea, I read it somewhere and I fell in absolute love with it and decided that I have to use it in my HP fic. I was literally pivoting the entire story so that this ONE plot would make the most sense.

That "one" thing is that instead of Cedric Diggory being the chosen champion (or one of the chosen champions) from Hogwarts, it's instead a student from Slytherin. The student still dies, because Voldermort doesn't actually care which house the student came from, if he/she came from an important family, all that mattered was that they were in the way and he needed to get rid of them. Imagine the repercussions this would've had in the later books, especially book 7 when Snape is Headmaster. It would've been so much more interesting.

However. However; there's lots of other things I'm changing, the first Hogwarts champion being from Slytherin and not Hufflepuff is not the first or last. I mean, there's lots. It's basically an original fic, except I'm too lazy to change the story into an original fic because there's something comforting about writing fanfiction.

Anyway. My sister once mentioned to me that I can't keep doing all the non-canon things I want because there comes a point where it's just too much. And I agree; at some point it'll all just come off as really contrived and try hard.

And there's another major change that I'd rather spend more time with, and makes... a bit more sense given my characters and story I've been writing. And this is, I'd argue, a bigger change than a Slytherin being an Hogwarts champion; instead of Harry destroying the Tom Riddle diary at the end of Year 2, for reasons he doesn't get a chance to, and now 16-year old Tom Riddle is back, alive and doing his own thing.

Well, sort of doing his own thing. Mostly doing his own thing.

I'm going to update my signature because I don't like it as much as I did.

And then write said Harry Potter fanfic.
TTFN
Emma
Image
November 9th, 2022 at 01:58pm