Somthing Kinda Sorta Important

I am so sick of all the "Gerard has changed" comments. No matter what website I'm on.

People change. It's kinda like what Hemmingway said (sorta) in The Take Over, The Break's Over. He used to be a puppy, and Pete was once a girl believe or not.

I used to wear pink and you guys probably once wore pink as well. I was once a terrible artist (kind of still am) but my skills have devoloped over time. And that's what time does. Time will eventually give us wrinkles and silver hair (Except Oprah Winfrey who is like magic or something) and we will not stay the same way we are now. In ten years, I am (hopefully) not still going to be in school.

Musicians are the same way. They change. They are only human. Now, that is another thing I've heard non-stop. "Only human." People are not only human. They are different in their own way. You will never find two people who are exactly alike. Like, snowflakes and fingerprints.

Gerard Way is someone who has weight on his shoulders. And with all that weight you would expect him to break down. But he has people who help support that weight. So called "fans" who have liked My Chemical Romance since Bullets, turned their back and became part of the problem. They brag about it on messageboards saying stuff like, "I don't really like The Black Parade because it's different."

Everytime you do something you love, you hope to make it better the next time. And besides, the band has moved on from the drugs and alcohol. Their life is better now, and I don't know anyone who would want them to go back to that lifestyle just for the music.

There are also My Chemical Romance "fans" who "stopped liking" their music after something a certain band member or the band has done. MCR are touring with Mindless Self Indulgence from late October into November in Europe. Now, I don't necessarily like the idea myself, but I would never turn my back on ANYONE. They would have to turn their back on me first, which obviously, MCR has never done. The tour, now, I don't like only because of the young fans My Chemical Romance has and the mature lyrics Mindless Self Indulgence has. I would only go to one of them concerts only if I had to, or MSI played songs with milder lyrics. I know they have them, too.

My Chemical Romance needs their true fans, ones who will stick by them, to help carry that weight on their shoulders and I definitly want to stop hearing "They've changed."

Remember, Pete Wentz was once a girl.
October 28th, 2007 at 08:32am