My Mibba Revival

Greetings and well wishes to you, reader!

As you must be aware, the userbase on Mibba has all the vibrancy and vigor of a deflated helium balloon. The majority of casual readers and writers have migrated to other platforms, such as Archive of Our Own, Wattpad, or Tumblr. Even so, I am stubbornly clinging to the last rasping breaths this website is drawing. This is not to say, of course, that I don't browse the Archive (more commonly known and referred to as AO3) or Tumblr myself. On the contrary, I'm quite an active reader on both sites. I find, however, that Mibba still has some nostalgic charm that invites past users to reconsider closing their account. Such charm could lie in it's convenient offering of articles, blogs, poems, and stories within the same website.

In my case, I find a sort of comfort in coming back to the (virtual) stomping ground of my adolescent writing. There's so much tangible proof of my creative process to be found here, regardless of whether I'm proud or horrifically embarrassed by it. I've considered coming back to continue old works such as Dear Daisy, or publish new ones that have mostly existed in the ever-growing files of my Notes app. There's much less pressure to be good at writing here on Mibba, partly because we've resigned ourselves to less and less new content being added by users.

Tangentially, as I have become more involved in editing and proofreading as a means of income in my adult life, Mibba has sparked so many memories of how I began building experience and finding a niche. I've always loved proofreading, and Mibba was my first real opportunity to do so in a more official capacity. I remember feeling so accomplished and exhilarated when I was chosen to work as a Beta Reader! The idea that I could collaborate with writers in improving and refining their stories, and produce more quality content for Mibba as a whole, made me seriously consider how I could make a career out of editing.

As a result, I am back on Mibba! I have an unpublished story (from 2014?!) that will begin updating in mid-April, Dear Daisy is in the process of being re-worked and refined, and blog posts will likely be coming in on a bi-weekly basis. If you see any shoddy poems appear sporadically, mind your business.
March 12th, 2023 at 05:49pm