What Is Happening My Dudes?

HELLO, HI, HEY.

I haven't done anything other than lurk and ban the occasional spammer on here in forever so I feel insanely guilty just hopping back in and posting something but life got in the way of fun for a looooooong while so hello, hey, how are we all? I guess this is me trying to make a concerted effort to actually post more often, other than just lurking so have some Vic life updates I guess?

I turn 30 this November which quite frankly is terrifying, but the older I get the less I give a singular shit as to what people think so I've been heavily embracing the nerdier side of my personality. I've gotten very into warhammer in general, and video games have taken over the small amount of spare time I get between work and other obligations (Final Fantasy XIV and Baldurs Gate 3, anyone?) and I think for once I'm actually really enjoying my hobbies? That sounds so ridiculous but I really am. I got a nice new PC as my piece of shit laptop that I used to complain about constantly basically tried to completely give upon me. I've started going back into the office for work which is in Glasgow so it's long commutes but it's nice to kind of have the concept of being in work with good people again once a week. WFH the rest of the time as well so it's not constant commuting which is nice. I can't remember if I mentioned it in previous blogs but I left the job I had since I was 16 (generally a stupidly toxic place to work which I realise now) and into a far better company with better pay, better benefits and it's a more engaging job as well, so that's nice.

I still have a crippling caffeine addiction, I finally stopped being that annoying judgy millennial and downloaded tiktok, and I had to go through a neurodivergence screening at my work which has basically all but confirmed that I have ADHD which tbh has explained a lot of issues I've had since I was a kid. Currently fighting the NHS in terms of getting a diagnosis officially and getting something in place but until then Monster and a pile of crippling to-do lists is how I'm getting through.

I've gotten very heavily into cross stitching during lockdown, but naturally it's all video game themed. I'm currently stitching a full coverage piece of Astarion from Baldurs Gate 3 (I like the sassy vampire, go figure) and also a dragon which technically isn't a video game but shhhhhh it's fine.

So yeah, I've had a pretty uneventful time since I last actually posted a blog but that's been about it tbh. I hope everybody has been keeping well and having all of the nice things in life. Hopefully I won't socially drop off the face of the earth for ages again.
April 19th, 2024 at 12:43pm