Formal night

On Friday was my year 10 formal. It was a great night. But let me give a little background.
I had to go get a suit fro this formal to impress the lovely and beautiful Jess, the girl I was taking. But I don’t have a job (don’t laugh or make fun of me. Trust me all my friends do enough of that to make someone cry… but not me) so I didn’t want to rent a suit which was close to $150, or buy a proper one. So where did I go?
Also I had got my white top I was going to wear. So I know your thinking “oh white shirt, black coat, he’s going to look like everyone else and a penguin. Well that’s what at least. But on the actual formal night most people wore black shirts and black coats.
Later on I bought my black pants for $30. (and the most expensive thing on me). My shoes were school ones. And my tie cost $25 and was dark purple. (to match Jess’ dress). And I also wore a pin stripe vest over my shirt. It was cool.
Now Friday the second of November. Formal night.
They would call the couples in by female’s first name. So Jess and me were pretty close to the entrance. First they would call our names we would walk out. Pause at the front of the stage so people could take photos. Then walk down the red carpet to the end of the hall and then branch off.
Me and Jess were next.
“I’m really scared Joe.” Said jess.
“Don’t worry about it. There’s nothing to worry about. You’re not going to fall.” I said.
“If I fall your going down with me,” said Jess.
“Oh good thanks.” I Said sarcastically.
“But if you fall I’m going to let you fall.” Said Jess with a evil smile.
“ Oh. Great.” Said me getting nervous.
Our names are called. “Jess Flakelar and Joe Shoo.”
We walked out, pause at the front of the stage and made it down the stairs in one piece.
Anyway. We were then seated and we would have to wait for our table to go and get our food. It took sooo freaking long to get our turn. Our tablemats were a piece of paper with the activities of the night. A space for autographs and on the back names of everyone in year 10. So while I was waiting I went and got signatures from a bunch of people with my friends Daniel Coleman. (I call him Coleman. Don’t ask) so me and Coleman went and got a bunch of signatures and little messages of encouragement. Then Coleman goes.
“I bet I can get more signatures than you.”
“I bet you cant.” I said.
“Wanna bet then?”
“Five bucks says I get more.”
“Fine five bucks.”
Then we shook hands and set off. (I won and he paid me later on)
After dinner there were people taking professional photos. I also got photographed with my friends Shal eating my tie. Not weird. But I got a photo with Jess. I got a photo with my whole drama class. (that was pretty cool). I got one with my beautiful friend Mollie. First there was a serious one and then I picked her up and held her in my arms while the guy (who looked like Jack Black. Isn’t that right Shal?) took a photo. I got one with a great mate of mine. Mitch Bruce. Which Shal and he are good mates. *cough cough*. Na. He’s a top bloke. Anyway. We had a serious photo and I was going to pick him up when his jumped on my back saying
“Now piggy-back me Joe.” So we had that photo.
Another good photo was with the dashingly beautiful Emma Bown (I’m not a kiss ass) WHO WAS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!! Anyway. I had a good photo with her and then I said.
“Emma do you trust me?”
“Why what are yo going to do?”
“Don’t worry. Do you trust me?” I said.
“Yes. But tell me what you’re going to do.”
So I swept her up of her feet and got a photo of her in my arms. God it was funny.
Anyway food was entertainment. Where a guy named Kyper (in our year) played three songs. It was really good. Then 2 girls Sarah and Laura sung “together we are one” by Delta Goodrem. That was good as well.
Then afterwards was dancing. But not ball room dancing. Mosh pit style dancing. IT WAS GREAT. This lasted on till about eleven thirty at night. Then I went to my mates place.
Well that was my formal night. It was the best night I’ve had in a while. A night that wont be easily forgotten easily.

P.S. Jess thanks for being my partner that night. if i didn't say it i'll say it now. You looked great.
Sorry Shal and Em for putting in that comment about mitch bee.
November 4th, 2007 at 10:44am