Why Did it have to be Them?

OWINGS, Md. -- Police are investigating a fatal crash that happened in Calvert County on Monday morning.
Police said that at about 7 a.m., a minivan with four teens inside collided with a box truck on MD Route 4 at the intersection of Briscoes Turn Road.
A preliminary investigation has determined that the minivan was attempting to travel across the southbound lanes of Route 4 and the driver apparently failed to yield to the truck.
The truck struck the driver's side of the minivan. Both vehicles came to a final rest within the grass median about 120 feet south of the intersection. The box truck overturned as it came to a final rest, police said.

The driver, Alyson M. Purvis, 17, of Chesapeake Beach, Md., was killed in the crash. Her 14-year-old brother, Ryan J. Purvis, was the left rear passenger, police said. He remains in critical condition at a local hospital.

Two other female passengers were also injured. Kathryn M. Singleton, 17, and Marina M. Ybarra, 16, both of Chesapeake Beach, Md., are listed in serious but stable condition.

Police said all of the teens attend Northern High School. They believe the students were headed to school at the time of the crash.

The driver of the box truck has been identified as Jose A. Hernandez-Perlera, 31, of Annapolis, Md.

Police said Hernandez-Perlera had two passengers in the cab of the truck: Victor Acosta, 39, of Temple Hills, Md., and Robert A. Morales, 22, of Annapolis, Md.

All three occupants of the Isuzu truck sustained minor injuries and were transported to a local hospital for treatment. All three were expected to be discharged Monday afternoon, police said.

Southbound Route 4 was closed from until about 11:40 a.m. as authorities investigated at the scene. The incident remains under investigation.

Why? Me and my ex boyfriend knew that boy Ryan, they were best friends. They went to the same school and everything.

I know I had only met his sister (the one that was killed) once but sense then I feel so different, as if her death really shook me, life is so fragile why do perfectly healthy teens commit suicide when life is so wonderful? Yeah it can be brutal but we should at least never go down without a fight, we will fight. For Ryan and his sister and their friends.
November 8th, 2007 at 02:58am