Eat your words.

Why is it that the one thing that makes life amazing, also makes it so miserable?

Communication.

When you're younger, the first thing you learn to do is communicate. Whether it's words, or body language, in order to survive, you need to communicate with others. To live, to learn, just to be... communication is necessary.

WHY ARE WORDS SO POWERFUL?! They can make or break you.

Just think about it, there's times when someone says something that makes you feel fantastic. Makes your day. Puts you in a good mood. Then there's times that someone says something that just makes you feel terrible. Ruins your day. Puts you in a bad mood.

Why do people's words have such a strong affect on us?

Take a tube of toothpaste and squirt it onto a paper plate. Now put the toothpaste back into the tube. You can't, can you? Well those are your words. You can't put them back into your head once you say them, so while they're still in your head, why don't you think about what you're going to say? I mean, you could always try and cover up the splotch of toothpaste, but ultimately, the blob is still there and there's nothing you can do about it.

So please, be careful what you say. Word your phrases the way you mean them. If that means talking slower, then fine, because once you say it, that's it. Fix it while you have the chance. You should take heed to my advice, and if you don't you'll end up eating your words and being around some very unhappy people.
November 8th, 2007 at 03:40am