When you feel like letting go...

Do you ever have those days when everything seems to go wrong? When you feel like a total piece of sh*t, and there's nothing you can do about it? When it feels like life isn't worth it anymore, and there's no reason left to go on? When nothing around you makes sense? When it feels like the world is out to get you? When there's no escape?

Mood: worried, stressed.
Music: Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.

My friend just had an emotional breakdown. I'm afraid she might do something stupid. I'm trying to talk to her, to reason with her. Just to be there for her. But I'm not sure how.

I feel like I know what she's going through, but I can't figure out how to communicate that to her without sounding insincere. Internet communication is so impersonal.

She's really beginning to scare me. It's not just about this Biology test she's going to fail now, it's about everything. She's opening up to me, and I'm afraid she's going to do something stupid. I don't know how to calm her down. I'll never be able to forgive myself if she becomes suicidal, or starts cutting, or something. I don't think she will. But I'm still worried.

On top of all this, talking to her is making me depressed. I'm getting really overwhelmed. I don't know what to do to help her. I don't know what do to do help myself.

In the words of my uncle: "This'll feel a lot better once it quits hurting." I know that that's true. I just don't know what to do until then...

xoxox
November 8th, 2007 at 08:38am