MCR, 02 Arena. 15th November 2007

Oh my God, what a night to remember!

I've seen MCR 4 times now (3 times on their tour, once when they supported Muse click here for details of all the gigs I've been to) but still, every single time, they just blow me away!

Let's start with MSI. Confession:
I had never heard any of their stuff before going to this gig. But I loved them anyways!

Another band with loads of energy, they clicked with the crowd and just rocked the fuck out of the arena. Even when they started singing Spice Girls (making the crowd sing it too, but I didn't, I was standing at the back of the venue, trying to get my mum to skull half a pint of beer) they still had that connection with the crowd...

...something I think only MCR can top.


I mooched down to the front after MSI, got pretty close, 'cause there was a crowd surge and a massive gap opened in front of us, so we jumped into it. I had a clear view of Mikey at all times, but I am tall so I could see between the tall people :)

OMFG, I am in love with MCR's new song. I want to marry it and raise a little family of MCR songs...

...then again, what else did I really expect? It's MCR, they haven't done abadweaker song, ever...

...Seriously dudes, and dudettes, they rocked and I would have said the gig was the best show I've ever seen them play, but it wasn't.

Hear me out before you pull sporks out on me...

The best gig I've ever seen them play was last November, simply because it was my first ever rock concert and it was in a tiny venue, so the atmosphere was more intense.

Last night would have topped that if Frank and Bob were there. More Frank (not that I've got anything against Bob, because I love him too!) but only because I didn't realise exactly how much he brings to the band until he wasn't there.

It wasn't the same without his screams, his energy and the little touches he adds to the riffs he plays. Matt Cortez did one hell of a job standing in for him, but, let's face it, he doesn't have the energy Frank does. I don't think anyone has.

And Bob. Well, he's just Bob. Need I say anymore?!


Song list: (It is in order, although I didn't remember from the night, I was having way to much fun to memorise their set list. No, I invested in a DVD of the night...)
New Song ( click here to see it)
This is How I Disappear
Dead
I'm Not Okay
Give 'em Hell Kid
The Sharpest Lives
Mama
Cemetary Drive
Welcome to the Black Parade
I Don't Love You
Honey, this Mirror isn't Big Enough For the Both of Us
Helena
Headfirst for Halos
House of Wolves
You Know What they do to Guys Like us in Prison
Teenagers
Sleep
Cancer
Desert Song
( click here to see the magic live...)
Famous Last Words


I swear to God, I have never screamed more in my life, until they played Desert Song.

Me and my brother were actually talking about what songs we wished they would play and I complained they never play Ghost of You at the gigs I've been to, or Desert Song. I then said I would give anything for them to play Desert Song.

And I sung my lungs out, I cried during D/S and it was one hell of a moment.

Me and my brother shared a high five, I was trying to stop my eyeliner smudging and it was right then I decided to uphold the 'foot stuck in a beer cup' concert tradition. Yup, my foot got stuck in a beer cup, just as D/S ended.

Typical.


2 other moments that stand out in my mind;

Mikey saying (and in Gerard's exact words) 'something about Darth Vader'. He actually asked the crowd if his jacket made him look like Darth Vader...Genius!

And some dude in front of me trying to crowd surf. His mate let his foot go before he was actually surfing, so he just flopped straight through everyone and fell onto the floor. I was in hysterics, his mate was in hysterics and the guy just jumped up like;

'I'm Okay, no-one saw that'...

...brilliant. And it was during House of Wolves too, so I was really hyper and bouncy...


So they didn't play Thank You for the Venom or Ghost of You...

...seriously, I would have swapped every single song for them to play Desert Song, and they played it anyway. I think them not playing Venom and Ghost was well worth the sacrifice...

...What a fucking night!
November 16th, 2007 at 06:23pm