Taste Of Chaos - Brixton (28 Nov)

It's taken forever to write this up, sorry!!

Right, me and a carer (Ruth) set off at 2pm, plenty of time. Then we go and get petrol and Ruth gets the petrol cap stuck to the car key (??) and spends an hour... yes, an HOUR... seperating them. So we are actually on the way by 3.30pm. Then we hit traffic, then roadworks and then more traffic, sigh. So, we are still north of the river at 5.30pm when the doors open. Right then a turn is missed and we end up in the congestion zone which I haven't paid... hope we got away with it!

So we end up getting to Brixton at 6.30pm so I have missed Aiden :( I was looing forward to this but it seems my curse of never seeing the band live has returned... Sucks!

First thing that happenns is Ruth gets in a row with this HUGE guy... gawd... over a parking space. However he turns out to be nice and lends a hand so, yey!! (Was lucky, lol)

So we get in and watch The Blackout who I enjoyed (despite me sulking over Aiden) Yeah, I will be checking those out! The on come the Gallows who I loathe so... yeah... you can imagine what I made of their set. Spent the time sending text messages! Three days grace followed who weren't bad to give then credit but then beating the band before wasn't hard!!

Rise Against... Oh My Fucking God... they blew me away! The set stormed all the way through and I was waving arms and shouting the words. If these guys tour near you they are so worth a look. Highlight for me was prayer for the refugee an the single that has the vid of a dolphin in a net... (I am so bad at titles) but sadly it was all over to soon.

The Used came on with carboard cut outs... random... and then Bert pulled some of the audience on stage. I am not sure if I like them live or not... I remain undecided on that one...He (Bert) did bring WiL on stage so I saw WiL singing... bonus!

On the way out a guy told me to drive the wheelchair more confidently and showed me how. He confidently run over his feet and his mate walked into a lampost laughing... pair of eejits! So leaving 2 injured randomers behind we went home.
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:43am