Taking Back Sunday & LostProphets @ Birmingham NIA - Friday 20/04/07

My husband and I went to see Taking Back Sunday and the Lostprophets at the Birmingham NIA on 20th April 2007. What a bloody awesome concert that was!

It wasn't that packed when TBS came on which was brilliant because we had such a great view of the band letting rip on stage. Loving the Louder Now stuff. 'Liar', 'MakeDamnSure' and 'Twenty Twenty Surgery' rocked, and when they played 'Miami' (which they didn't play last time we went to see them) was amazing. My favourite bit of the show was when they did all the older stuff ('Where You Want To Be', 'Cute Without The 'E', 'Tell All your Friends', to name a few). That old stuff really floats my boat!

Then the LostProphets came on. Oh.....My.......God, they ROCKED! The guys from Ponty really know how to put on a fantastic live show. Again, all the new stuff off Liberation Transmission was stunning (especially 'Rooftops'. You've never heard so many people 'screaming their hearts out'! '4AM Forever' was wonderful too), but when they dug out some of their old suits like 'Last Train Home', 'Start Something', 'We Still Kill The Old Way', 'Make A Move' etc, the crowd were close to orgasm.

The surprise of the night came when they launched into a rendition of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' theme tune. It was great to see everyone rapping along in unison, albeit with a metal tinge!

In conclusion, a fantastic night was had by all.
December 12th, 2007 at 03:15am