Maximo Park @ Wolverhampton Civic Hall - 20/10/07

Is the night my husband and I went to see Maximo Park; they were tremendous!

They were truly fantastic, even though Paul (lead singer) was suffering from a bad bout of food poisoning.

They stormed through "Limasol", "Going Missing", "Apply Some Pressure" and other crowd pleasers namingly "Girls Who Play Guitars" and "Books from Boxes" (among others) and considering that Paul was so ill, you'd never of guessed it; he really did try to pull out all the stops for this gig!

The poor thing; Paul really was struggling and at the start of "Our Velocity" (in the encore) the sickness became too much for him and he had to quickly pop off stage to throw his guts up. So, in true audience spirit, we all sang the song for him until he was well enough to carry on. It's great to hear so many people in one concert hall singing their hearts out (albeit sympathetically); it gave me goosebumps!

Then he was back again and finishing the rest of the song, even managing a set of high splits; he was back on form for the rest of the encore and again, it was amazing!

I'd like to thank Maximo Park for a wonderful gig and also for the sheer determination they had to please their audience, no matter what!

You played a blinder; get back and rock the socks off Wolvo again soon guys!
December 12th, 2007 at 03:32am