Invisible Children...

Invisible Children is for children in Uganda who have been kidnapped and forced to fight in the war. They are taught to fight with each other, and are brainwashed to think that the whole time, they are having fun. Children run away to the city and sleep in their own piss and blood in alleys just so they won't be kidnapped.
FBLA, or Future Business Leaders of America, is a club that learns about the business world through fundraisers, student stores, and sometimes, at least at my school, credit unions. I am in this club, and we often try to help charities with our fundraiser money. Ms. McNeal, the sponsor, always says she wants to help these children, but we haven't done anything for them. And we can't just keep putting it off...these children can't just get help "later." When is later?
So I'm going to do something about it. I don't know what yet, and I'd appreciate it if people gave me suggestions. I realize I'm not prepared, but I'm going to try my best to get it in gear and help out. Although I can't control what happens in other countries, and my country would just screw Uganda up even more, I'm going to find something I can do.
December 15th, 2007 at 10:38pm