This time, I'm happy. This time he was reasonable.

Okay...
Some might know, most might not, my dad can be down right evil.
He's strict, old-fashion and it is absolutely impossible to carry a normal person conversation with him. Overprotective is a small word for what he is. However he can be extremely generous, and, very rarely, extremely reasonable.
Today, he must have been in a good mood, or maybe this year.
You see, one of my friends is remaining home alone on New Year's Eve, and, with the permission of her parents, she's hosting a party. I've been planning to go to that party for as long as we've been talking about it - about three weeks. The alternative would be staying at home for New Year's with my mom, dad and a couple of their friends, watching TV(what they want) all night or surfing the Internet. Yes, boredom-a-rama. Or something. from the very beginning, I feared my father wouldn't allow me to the party, suspecting there would be drinking and possibly smoking at the respective party(which is quite true).
I've been dropping hints that I'm going "to the girls" for New Year's for two days now, but I don't think he really got it until today. We were having lunch and I casually said that I needed some money for the shopping we needed for the party with the girls(well, girls as to my dad, it's going to be around 15 crazy friends of mine). And he was totally okay. I think my mouth dropped there for a second, because I was as astonished as I could have possibly been.

So, bottom line, I just needed to get out the fact that I'm very happy, I'm going to end this crappy year with a nice little drunkenness, like I've planned. Yes, I'm getting drunk, because that;s the way I wanna bury this year, which hasn't been very good to me. So yeah.

Thanks for reading. Btw, do you have any ideas for the party. Like some fun stuff we could do?(not spin-the-bottle, most of us go as couples, hahaha).
December 30th, 2007 at 09:55pm