2007: A Year in Three Movements

I can distinctly divide the year into three parts. Each was so different, yet so necessary to the other parts. A case study of cause and effect, if you will. It plays with my mind just to think about it.

Normality: January-June

I had a life. I had friends. I had a boyfriend. I liked my school, I like me teachers. I went to parties. I was innocent and naive. At the time, it was just normal. Now I realize how much I took it for granted. I miss it, but I really wouldn't go back for anything. The letdown would be too much.

Oblivion: June-August

The summer was absolutely amazing. I traveled with my choir and my friend. I had so many priceless experiences. I relaxed. I rejuvenated. It was too good to be true. I never gave a thought to what would come next.

Descent: August-Present

Everything fell apart. Everything. I don't know why and I don't know how. It just happened. I just hope 2008 will help me to reassemble everything I lost.

But not in the same way it was. Never in the same way. I want to be me, not some prototype someone else designed. I want to learn how to respect myself. I want to surround myself with people who can appreciate that and help me along the way.

I just want things to get better. That's all.
January 1st, 2008 at 03:58am