Septum piercing, anybody know anything about em?

I've got one and it was completely healed over last night.

BUT this morning I woke up and it was sore. I thought maybe something had gotten between the ring and my flesh, but when I went to clean it I saw crusty stuff. That didn't strike me as odd since it's cold and I've had a runny nose lately. I know that's disgusting but bare with me it's gonna get worse. So I took the ring out started to clean it, nothing was out of the ordinary until I noticed my nose was bleeding. I of course frowned and thought maybe it was a nose bleed and didn't have anything to do my piercing. I was wrong. It was coming out of the hole through my septum. So I took two q-tips and soaked up the blood. I looked kinda funny 'cause I had two q-tips sticking out of my nose. When I removed them to put the ring back, I pressed on it and the worst amount of pus came out of both holes. It was nasty! Well, I cleaned it with alcohol and then shoved some neosporin up my nose and all over my ring before I put it back in.

Now I can't touch my nose or it hurts and my nose itches!

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on how I managed to get it infected in less than a day (If you're still reading and I haven't grossed you out too much.)?
January 4th, 2008 at 05:57am