Class and it's Standing

____This is the thesis and introduction, to a fictional essay my teacher made us write in preporation for our Final (Part 1 Essay) this Monday. The point was to show your opinion on Class, while stating whether it still matters in society or not; depending on the information, statistics, and article that came with the assignment.
(Class in the form as; Middle Class, Working Class, Upper Class..etc)
My thesis statement is underlined. My first statement used to be the last one in the paragraph, but she told me to switch them around.

____Class; a distinguishable change in the people of society. A way of organization if you will. Not neccessarily does class rank as the most important factor for your life's education, social status, place you live or level of income. However society still uses class to distinguish people in the public eye.The narrow-minded ideal organization and seperation in society bases itself upon race, gender, and ethnic backgrounds. Stepping out of that box, and pushing it away would lead us into morally right ways of society. No longer would class matter, for more important standards would take it's place. We've come a long way from the binding structures of the class systems, yet we've never barred them altogether.
January 7th, 2008 at 10:21am