The death of four highschool students in my town...

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Go there and read the article titled Kickapoo, Glendale Mourning Students on the left hand side of the page.

It's really fucking sad, I'm not gonna lie. One of the girls that my little brother goes to school with told him last night that some area school kids had died...but we didn't think she was being serious. But I was pirating ( hehe ;) at 5 this morning when the early morning news came on. And sure enough, that girl my brother was talking to was right. Two Kickapoo seniors and two Glendale juniors died in a car crash early Saturday night.

My brother goes to a completely different school, but for some reason, it shook me. I'm around death all the time....I work at a freaking nursing home; I'm used to it by now...but I'm pretty sure that this will be all my brother hears about when he goes to school in about an hour.

It doesn't make sense...it seems that every year, a senior class from one of the are high schools loses a student. That happened almost every year for about 7 years at the high school I went to, until my graduating class. We were the class that broke that morbid tradition.

I don't even know what else to say about all this. I'm just at a loss for words now.
January 8th, 2008 at 03:48am